Built during 1903-4 and extended 1908-9. Designed by Frederick Woodward, Netherlandish Renaissance style. Isaac Nash laid the foundation stone in February 1904.
Carnegie contributed £3,000 to the library’s foundation and a further £700 to the 1908 newsroom extension.
Became Stourbridge College of Art.
Awarded Grade II listing in 1989, largely for its art nouveau stained glass.
Current status: Possibly converted to apartments – ref on (undated) blog (2017)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant: £3000
- Year opened (and by who – if known):
Photo of library today (2015):
Old photo of library (postcard):
- Entry on the listed buildings register