The building was designed by the architect J.S. Gibson.
It was extended in 1965, providing space for a gallery. A new childrens library, and music section were also added.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Walsall council (2016)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant: £8,000
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 24 July 1906, by Alderman W. Hughes chairman of the Free Library and Art Gallery Committee
Photo of library today (2014):
Photo credit: flickr user Elliott Brown, shared under cc licence
Old picture of library (postcard):