Built during 1904-5. When first built, the Free Library was managed by a committee of trustees, but in 1917 was taken over by the Borough Council.
Superseded by a new library, which was opened in 1973.
Current status: Now known as the Carnegie Centre, a base for various voluntary organisations in the town, (2017)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant: £2,000
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 1905
Photo of library today:
no free-to-use images found yet
Old photo of library (postcard):
- Article on the Tamworth Heritage Trust website