Built between 1903-5. Designed by Barrowcliff and Allcock of Loughborough. The entry on the listings register describes it as being in “an exuberant Baroque style”. It includes a linked former librarian’s house (which is in a vernacular revival style). It contains art nouveau style glass.
A large extension was added in the mid-1960s. In 2013, after various other council services moved in, it was renamed Loughborough community library and learning centre.
Awarded Grade II listing in 2007.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Leicestershire County Council (2017)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 1905
Photo of library today (2011):
Old photo of library (postcard):