Designed by local architect Stephen J. Holliday. The central hallway has mosaic and tile decoration which includes inscription: “This building is the gift of Mr Andrew Carnegie to the Borough”.
Awarded Grade II listing in 1987.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Sandwell council (2016)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant: £7,500
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 10 June 1907, by Mayor James Edward Wilson.
Photo of library today (2011):
Photo credit: flickr user Elliott Brown, shared under cc licence
Old photo of library (postcard):
Nothing in my collection yet
- Entry on the listed buildings register
- Room named in honour of Carnegie, as part of centenary celebrations in 2007
- Library Tourist visits West Bromwich library