Nottingham Meadows library

Brief description

This was originally known as Southern Branch. The architect was Arthur Dale.

Current status: Library – part of Nottingham City Council library network (2021)

  • Year grant given (if known):
  • Amount of grant:
  • Year opened (and by who – if known): 11 March 1925, by the Earl of Elgin and Kincardine

Photo of library in 2016:

27105581100_e4dfdb3ed9_z

Detail:

27310486071_1455525b14_z

Visited?

Visited on May 31 2016. It was really busy, as it was half term week, and the Friends group was running a session with a childrens entertainer. The library is lovely and bright, and the garden out back (also maintained by the Friends group) is a valuable asset.