From a local paper on Feb 5, 1908: “Town council approved a tender for the erection of the Carnegie Library”. The architect was George H Wenyon.
The librarian was Miss EJ Southall, who employed her sister, Miss EL Southall as her assistant.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Dudley council (2017)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant: £7,500
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 16 September 1909, by the honourable John Hubert Ward
Photo of library today (2010):
Old photo of library (postcard):
- Book: The story of Dudley, by Edward Chitham.