The architects were Herbert Wills and John Anderson. A foundation stone is inscribed: “This library was the gift of Andrew Carnegie Esq ….”.
Awarded Grade II listing in 1987.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Sandwell libraries (2017)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): November 1909, by Mr Thomas Crew
Photo of library today (2013):
Old photo of library (postcard):
Nothing in my collection yet
- Entry on the listed buildings register
- Article about the centenary of this and 2 other local libraries (Blackheath and Oakham were the others)
- Article about the centenary celebrations