The foundation stone was laid by Mrs AB Markham on 6 July 1904. Land for the library was donated by the Duke of Portland.
Awarded Grade II listing in 1994
Current status: Converted in 1975 and became the Mansfield arts centre (2017)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 1905
Photo of library today:
no free-to-use photos identified yet. Note that in this one on flickr, it appears a whole new storey was added at some point.
Old photo of library (postcard):
- Entry on the listed buildings register