Local man William Nicholson donated £1000 to buy the land.
The building also housed the Maidenhead museum for a time (apparently the Carnegie Trustees refused permission for this the first time they were asked, but agreed after a second request “provided that the items could be moved out if the space was needed for books.”)
Current status: Demolished in 1973
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 1904
Old photo of library (postcard):
- Article: Wargrave local history society – the museum in Maidenhead library