The Grays Free Library was built on land donated by Mr. Charles Seabrooke. The cost of the library was donated by Carnegie.
Current status: Demolished in the early 1970s and a replacement built on the same site as the original. The new library includes a theatre and museum
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 11 November 1903
Old photo of library (postcard):
- News article: Down memory lane – Old Grays library through the years