Designed by Bradshaw and Gass, architects, of Bolton for the Farnworth Urban District Council. The library forms a part of an ensemble of public buildings all designed by Bradshaw and Gass, and intended to form the civic focus of the newly-created Urban District Council of Farnworth. The group includes the Town Hall and the Baptist Church. [from the listing record]
The carved heads above the door are Mr A Topp JP who donated the site, and Andrew Carnegie.
Awarded Grade II listing in 1999.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Bolton council (2016)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 10 April 1911
Photo of library today (2012):
Old photo of library (postcard):
- Entry on the listed buildings register