The only library built with Carnegie funds in County Durham. Built in 1908 by Edward Cratney of Davidson and Cratney. Southsen and Johnson were the contractors. The site given by John Wilkinson Taylor, MP.
Awarded Grade II listing in 1987.
Current status: Still open as a public library, run by Durham county council (2016)
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): December 2008
Photo of library today (2005):
Copper plaque in entrance hall
Old photo of library (postcard):
Nothing in my collection yet
- Entry on the listed buildings register
- Article about the library -on local authority website
- Friends of Annfield Plain library