The architect was a local Arnold man, William Henry Higginbottom, who designed many of the other big buildings in the town, such as the Empress cinema and Church Drive school.
Current status: Demolished in 1981.
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 1906
Old photo of library (postcard):