Architects were Alexander Colbourne Little and Ingreson C Goodison [Goodson], and the builder was TH Moggridge.
Current status: The library closed in 1996, and it became a winebar/restaurant.
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant:
- Foundation stone laid: 13 October 1904
- Year opened: 24 August 1905 by the Mayor: Josiah Lewis
Photo of library today:
The brass plaque from the library which is now on the wall in the new one.
Foundation stone still visible on the old library.
Old photo of library (postcard):
Found the old library in 2008 when returning from a holiday in Cornwall. Visited the new library in Taunton in April 2016, and saw the brass plaque
Location 16 on Taunton Town Heritage Trail