Built on land donated by a local landowner: Frank Buddie Atkinson, by Jacob Parkinson and Sons, the library was designed by Newcastle Corporation’s architect: F H Holford.
Current status: Closed as a library in 2008, now used as offices by a group of charities.
- Year grant given (if known):
- Amount of grant: £5,500
- Year opened (and by who – if known): 26 January 1909 by Dr Spence Watson – who was then issued with the first book to be loaned from the library.
Photo of library today:
Old photo of library (postcard):
Drove past this former library in November 2015